Saturday, August 15, 2009

before Sunday thoughts

I would just like to first mention that my bro Matthew has started a blog, and if you're a constant blog reader check him out.......matthewbayliff.blogspot.com ......I love this guy!

Ok, back to my thoughts......Every Saturday night I like to think about what I have done throughout the week. This week has been pretty eventful......here's just some of what I did this week:
-started back working again (at new school)
-started STRESSING about starting school, and teaching in the classroom!
-football practice/scrimmage/Kickoff Classic
-band practice (every thurs night)
-worked A LOT in my classroom, but STILL have a LONG way to go!
-hung out with G and Han in between all the madness.
-cut mine and my neighbor's grass.

Now, did you see anything that mentioned my sharing my faith with anyone/bible study/prayer time???? Let me help you answer that question....NO!!!! I thank God so much ALL the time that he would consider me worthy of the calling that He has placed on my life, bc when the rubber meets the road I SUCK at being one of His children!

If I had to describe myself with one word it would be "inconsistent". I am so bad about skipping days of my quiet time with God, but you know I keep reminding myself that even if I read my bible every day/all day and prayed all the time, I would still be a piece of CRAP not worthy of the blessings that Christ lays upon me. The important thing is that I know I'm a slacker, but what's even better than that is the fact that God loves me no matter what!

Although this doesn't give me the "get out of slack free" card. I need to step up and I thank God that He reminds me of that everyday. God is SO good even when I fail. Have you ever wondered this; What if God treated you like you treat Him?.......that makes me want to get on my face and repent!

What do you think?

-klock

0 comments: